System Safety and Environmental
AACE offers suitably qualified and experienced personnel providing in-depth operational, platform and systems technical know-how in order to assure the safe usage of equipment whilst meeting duty of care and environmental criteria. This coupled with demonstrable independence, specialist military platform and operational intelligence AACE supports a range of clients by delivering turnkey solutions across equipment ‘release to service’ life cycle. Services range from independent process management assessments through to fully auditable RTS recommendations. AACE is an acknowledged MoD FATS Duty of Care company committed to the continued development of our staff and services. AACE capability in this area includes:
- System Safety Engineering:
- Equipment and Operating/Operational Safety Cases.
- Applying “As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP)” arguments.
- Current on the Assurance and Safety Case Environment (ASCE).
- Compilation of Safety and Environmental Management Plans.
- Setting-up and managing Hazard Logs; current on Cassandra.
- Airworthiness & Certification; Release to Service assessments and recommendations, Configuration Management.
- System Safety Assurance and process compliance:
- Function and process assessments.
- Risk identification, assessments and management including ALARP.
- System (software and complex hardware) standard compliance.
- Assessment of MOD and Contractor compliance against POSMS, POEMS, Def Stan 0056, international civil and defence standards.
- Independent review of equipment and operating/operational Safety Cases, Safety and Environmental Management Plans.
- Safety Management and training:
- Management of Acquisition and In-service processes.
- Member of the GSN Standardisation Committee.
- Committed to SQEP (requirement under FATS4).
- Personnel qualified at doctorate level in safety presenting Industry days at University of York.
- System safety Training Courses including Cassandra, ASCE and GSN.